There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Skyline at Kessler, the best apartments for rent in Dallas TX, is proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
When it comes to a healthy lunch, it’s hard to compete with a perfectly cooked grilled chicken sandwich. So, if you’re looking to expand your meal plan with a new recipe, enjoy these Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. Though this recipe calls for pepper jack cheese, bacon, tomato, coleslaw, and various condiments, you can personalize your sandwich to your liking. Try it with spinach, red onion, or even guacamole! The ball is completely in your court. Check out the ingredients and directions below, courtesy of your favorite apartments near Love Field Airport.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, 4 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 ciabatta or Kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli coleslaw (about 1 cup)
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Sprinkle both sides with dressing mix.
- On a greased grill or skillet, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Place cheese on chicken; grill or heat, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, grill or heat rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops. Layer roll bottoms with chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado, and coleslaw. Replace tops.